Friday, June 5, 2009

Tea Dying Quilt








It was scarry, but I did it. Here is one close up of the quilt one it was done to show a little of the vintage look, I quilted a few different patterns, flag and eagle block and eagle panto is a couple of sizes, I used navy, gold and red threads and bound in red. I filled my bathtub with hot water, added the most delicious vanilla chai tea, and then the excitement started, I slowly submerged my quilt, didn't time it, but kept checking on the color, took it out hand rung it, and draped it over my deck fence in the sun. Yep, it has that soft aged look with a few darker areas here and there. I'm not taking pictures yet of the finished look, because I'm added some embellishments next and hoping to get done in time for 4th of July.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to see it, I love the vintage look and have teadyed many things but not a whole quilt. Very scary but what a great idea. I have also used onion skins to dye the material for a queen size baltimore.

Kim Brackett said...

You're so brave! I'd love to see the result. I'll bet it's really nice.

*karendianne. said...

Ohhh, how neat. Exciting and so intriguing. Looking forward to seeing and reading your thoughts on this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts