Sunday, May 9, 2010

Victorian Tea Party

Please stop over to Cielo's Tea Party, our lovely hostess.  Thank you, this was so much fun!
I brewed a lovely loose leaf tea from Teavana, that my daughter gave me for an Easter Present.  This was a lovely blueberry tea the flavor was wonderful and the aroma was fantastic, light and fresh.
The weather did not cooperate for an outdoor party, so inside we were.  This beautiful crochet tablecloth was my mother's as well as the clear plate and the pansy doily under the teapot.  The floral plates I made {clear plates, mod podge and fabric, my good friend Donna taught me this one}.
This is one of my favorite teacups, I love the gold floral filigree and the pretty colored floral on the inside of the cup, love it when cups have the inside all pretty too.
The little teapot holds scripture verses and the cheese cakes have an organic strawberry jam, that is to die for.
The chairs, laterns, rose candle holders, and birds are all from Michael's Craft Store. The milk glass fan vase and the clear glass flower basket vase were also finds at the antique barn.
There are few hours in my life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.  "Henry James"
"It's always tea-time..." The Mad Hatter {Leiws Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland}
This georgous pansy hanki was my mother's she collected from an antique shop that we freqented together, how I miss those times.
If you are cool, tea will warm you; If you are too heated, it will cool you, If you are depressed, it will cheer you; If you are exhausted, it will calm you.  "William Gladstone"
A Loving Recipe for a Perfect Cup of Tea
1 willing friend who loves to sit and share
1 grateful heart to have a freind that cares
1 beautiful garden to show us God is near
Many wonderful memories of times shared throughout the years
Lots of smiles and laughter to brighten up our days
Many prayers that we prayed for each other along the way
Author Unknown
Nowhere is the English genius of domesticity more notably evident than in the festival afternoon tea.  The... chink of cups and the saucers tunes the mind to happy repose.  "George Gissing"
This is so delicate and pretty, I just love it, the time it took to make with such fine crohet thread.
The "art of tea" is a spirtual force for us to share"  Alexandra Stoddard
My famous chocolate chips cookies...took blue ribbons when I was a teenager in 4-H at town, county and NYS Fair.  My Dad loved my cookies and I loved making them for him.
The pansies are from my garden.  One of my favorite flowers.  My mother's also, she always commented on their faces.  I love to bring them in for bouquets and also press them.  Thank you for stopping by my teaparty today, I hope you enjoyed your time here.

11 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful tea party!

Betty said...

What a wonderful and beautiful tea party you are having. Everything looks so good and tempting.

Willow

ginger@bearbits said...

The table setting is lovely. I like the touches from your Michaels visit - just right for the occasion. The chocolate strawberries are delicious. I'll have to go and make some myself now.

I've enjoyed this visit!

~ginger

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

oh my! this is my fave tea treats! and the setting just lovely! strawberry with choc dip and mini cheesecake are my fave and to die for! oh dear.. I wish I am there at the table! Happy Mother's day!

CIELO said...

This is gorgeous... a huge thank YOU for participating in our Victorian Tea Party

Hugs

Cielo

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful tea set! The food looks delicious!

Unknown said...

So delicios tea party, love the cookies!!!

Hugs
Charo

Martha's Favorites said...

What a beautiful table. I have never seen a tea pot so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! You have the most lovely things! Lovely dishes, linens and food. Just a wonderful time.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful Teascape!!
Your tea pot is so beautiful as is your beautiful lace tablecloth!
Everything you have shared with us today was just lovely!!
Debbie

isabel f. said...

Hi Michelle
I am very worried about my order ....
was paid on March 6 and has not yet arrived, two months is a long time: ((
when you sent?
sorry not send email but can not access it here: (
please tell me something.
rosaechocolat@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts