Friday, April 22, 2011

Pink Saturday-Easter Cards, Easter Flower Baskets

Pink Saturday-stop on over to Beverly our lovely hostess and check out all of the links. http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com//

This is the Easter card I created this year and sent out to family and friends.  I used a new stmaping up set, an embossing folder, some glitter and some pink tulle.  All photos today are from i-phone, no time this week for fussing.


This is a photo of my daughter that I took probably 15 years ago or so, that I stumbled across and thought would be fun to share, this is when I had my photography studio set-up I took a photo then cut it out and took another photo next to the prop and this photo is a photo of that photo with my i-phone, did I lose anyone...:)  So the quality is not to good but I thought the themed idea was there anyway.
These photos are of my Mom and Dad, they are celebrating Easter in Heaven, but when here...years ago they used to have a greenhouse business.  Easter was always a special time, Dad always wrapping pots in foil and making beautiful bows and Mom making flower Easter baskets.  The display room was always very cool/cold and had the most heavenly scent of spring flowers and the color was spectacular.  Again i-phone pics of photos so the quality may not be too good, but I wanted them to be a part of my current life with their memories.  I miss them soooo much.  I used to go with my Dad as a kid on delieveries and walk the flowers up to people's doors and help unload the Easter Lilly's at chruch.  Growing up we always dressed in dresses, homemade ponchos, purses with handi's and gloves and Dad always made corsages.  Mom always made a delicious ham dinner, that we always had Sunday dinner at around 2:00 in the afternoon.  Easter baskets were always hid somewhere.

This is another Easter card I made up using an embossing folder and a die for a little more of a whimscal card.
Here's is my version of an Easter Flower Basket, I also added afterwards the photos of my parents on some sticks that I had printed up and put those in the basket.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed a little more personal look into my life today.  I hope and pray that each one of you has a blessed Easter.  John 3:16
Hugs, Michelle

6 comments:

Regina said...

How wonderful and very sweet.
Love the beautiful cards.
Happy Pink Saturday!
My post in a while
Blessings dear one.
xo

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A blast from the past, a memory of dresses and a pink poncho when I was about 8 years old, hair done in rag curls the night before.
Have a blessed Easter Michelle.

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Michelle...your cards are really really pretty. The pictures and stories of your parents touched my heart. Thank you for sharing all your sweetness.
Thank you for your visit today too.
Happy a very blessed Easter.
xoxoxox Tami

Char said...

I love what you said about your parents celebrating Easter together in heaven. That is a lovely thought and I know you must miss them so.
Your cards are precious and your basket is just perfect. It's the little touches that make them beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday and I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend, Char

Unknown said...

How creative you are, I love the cards. God bless your parents souls.

Have a beautiful & happy Easter
TTFN ~
Marydon

Bluebirds and Roses said...

Wow I love the cards! Thank you for sharing ~ HPS & Happy Easter~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts