Saturday, March 2, 2013

Kaffe Fassett Patchwork Quilt

Linking up with: Feather your nest and pink saturday

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

This is the book where I found the pattern for the quilt I'm working on.

Kaffe Fassett inspiration, this "Salad Days" quilt is one I've always like, the scrappy patchwork is such a cheery look for me and very porch/cottage feel.

It's basically a 16 patch with two fabrics a light and med/dark alternated and each block is different fabrics.

Here, you can see I've done all my cutting and paired up my fabric and put them into baggies so I can just do some chain sewing, which goes very quickly.
The squares are very easy to put together, the seams just fit together nicely with one going up and the other down, this block isn't ironed but you get the idea.
There are seven blocks in a row and I'm not sure how many rows I'm adding yet, deciding on if it is going on my bed or not.

Lots of color and patterns, going on here.  Great fun to play with.  Hope you all have a wonderful week.
Blessings, Michelle

3 comments:

My name is Riet said...

That quilt is so beautiful. I have the book too and the quilt is on my to do list. It is gorgeous.
Have a nice weelend.

Jeanne said...

I love the quilt you shared. The colors in your squares are so pretty.
Jeanne xo

Jeanne said...

I love the quilt you shared. The colors in your squares are so pretty.
Jeanne xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts