Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day Lilly Farm VIsit

Finger Lakes weekend vacation this summer on Seneca Lake, one of the things I was lucky enough to stumble upon was a daylilly farm, that is open one day a year and sells their daylillies, I came home with eight to add to my garden collection {of course had I known ahead of time I would have arranged my little extra more for flowers}.  While cashing out someone heard my address and spoke up and said they were from my area and told me about a daylilly association locally to join, amazing that they were there too, always fun to meet other gardeners.











Guess I'd better stop that's 18 photos...there were, did I mention over 2,000 different daylillies.  Of course it was between 12-3:00pm I was there, bright sunlight to shoot in, but you work with what you have sometimes, because that's all you get.  I tried showing some variety of close-ups with overview of the fields to give you a sense of the space and to break up the close-up portrait after close-up of each flower.  Hope you have a wonderful day, enjoy God's beauty all around you, he is magnificent in his creations, amen.  Blessings, Michelle

Linking up with Beverly stop over and view all the Pink Saturday splendor!
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog

4 comments:

LV said...

Never saw so many lovely day lilies. You did very well with your shots and presentation.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Michelle, your photos are lovely. The daylilies are beautiful and I'm glad you were able to bring some home with you. They would perk up any gardener. Happy Pinks and enjoy your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Abby / Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous! God is so good!

Ailsa (Cape Pincushion) said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts