Sunday, August 8, 2010

Watkins Glen

Watkins Glen-Finger Lakes Region, NYS.  This is one of my favorite places to go hiking and not just because there are 100 wineries for tastings, as you will see, the lush green foilage with crystal clear waterfalls and grey texture of the rock are stunning.  It's about a 2 1/2 hour ride from where I live, at Seneca Lake one of the 10 Finger Lakes, and yes I have proof went I am in one of the photos.  I hope to go back in the fall and capture the same photos in glorious color and maybe in winter too for some contrast.  I was thinking of what Kaffe Fassett many times will say in his books and interview is to look around you and pick up on color combinations and design, so I'm thinking maybe a green, grey type of quilt with some designs of curved bars or stipes or applique, umm.... would best describe these photos, what do you think...




Genesis Chapter 1: vs. 1  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. vs. 3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.  vs. 6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water.  vs. 9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear."  vs. 11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation:  seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds."  And it was so.
Psalms 96:  vs. 9
Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness tremble before him, all the earth.

Blessings, Praise God,
Michelle

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Michelle! Just popped in to your blog for the first time. We are almost neighbors - I grew up in Gates -outside Rochester. We love Watkins Glen and I agree with you about the beauty of God's creation. Come back any time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts