Monday, September 27, 2010

Soup's on!

Soup's On!!!!  Sunday's are the day I really spend in the kitchen enjoying cooking.  Yesterday's results:  TS dip & veggies, TS beer bread and a favorite soup:  Italian  Sausage Soup.










Italian Sausage Soup
1 lb Italian sausage, 1/2 c. chopped onion, 1/2 c. chopped green peper, 1/2 c. chopped celery, 1-20 oz can Italizan tomatores, 1 lb zuchini {sliced and quartered}, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 quart V-8 juice, 48 oz. chicken broth, {other veg as desired green beans, carrots}, salt, pepper.
Brown sausage, drain.  Saute onion and pepper in olive olie evo, add celery and zuchini and then all ingredients.  cover and cook simmer 45 minutes.  Serve with parmeisan cheese.

Enjoy.  A very nice heathly soup. 
 oregano and celery were from my garden...so much fun.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

That soup looks delicious! I love soup in the fall and love trying new kinds. Will have to try this one. The bread looks amazing too!!
Blessings~

Karen said...

Yummy! I am going to try that soup! Thanks for making me hungry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts