Happy Mother's Day....31 biblical Virtues to pray for your children by Bob Hostetler
1. Salvation. "Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory" (Is. 45:8, 2 Tim 2:10).
2. Growth in grace. "I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Pet 3:18).
3. Love. "Grant, Lord that my childrenmay learn to live a life of love, throught the Spirit who dwells in them" ( Gal. 5:25, Eph 5:3).
4. Honesty and integrity. "May integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection" (Ps. 25:21).
5. Self-control. "Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled in all they do (1 Thess 5:6).
6. Love for God's Word. "May my children grow to find Your Word more precious than much pure gold and sweeter than honey from the comb" (Ps 19:10).
7. Justice. "God, help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do" (Ps. 11:7, Mic :8).
8. Mercy. "May my children always be merciful, just as their Father is merciful" (Lk 6:36).
9. Respect (for self, others, authority). "Faher grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as your Word commands" (1 Pet 2:17).
10. Biblical self-esteem. "Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:10).
11. Faithfulness. "Let love and faithfulness never leave my children, but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts" (Prov 3:3).
12. Courage. "May my children always be strong and courageous in their character and in their actions" (Dt. 31:6).
13. Purity. "Create in them a pure heart, O God, and let that purity of heart be shown in their actions" (Ps 51:10).
14. Kindness. "Lord, may my children always tr to be kind to each other and to everyone else" (1 thess. 5:15).
15. Generosity "Grant that my children may be generous and willing to share, and so lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age" (1 Tim. 6:18-19).
16. Peace-loving. "Father, let my children make every effort to do what leads to peace" (Rom. 14:19).
17. Joy. "May my children be filled with the joy given by the Holy Sspirit" (1 thess 1;6).
18. Perseverence. "Lord, teach my children perseverence in all they do, and help them especially to run with perseverence the race marked out for them" (Heb 12:1).
19. Humility. "God, please cultivate in my children the ability to show true humility toward all" (Titus 3:2)
20. Compassion. "Lord, please clothe my children with the virtue of compassion" (Col 3:12).
21. Responsibility. "Grant that my children may learn responsibility, for each one should carry his own load" (Gal 6:5).
22. Contentment. "Father, teach my children the secret of being content in any and every situation, through Him who gives them strength" (Phil 4:12-13).
23. Faith. "I pray that fiath will find root and grow in my children's hearts, that by faith they may gain what has been promised to them" (Lk 17:5-6, Heb 11:1-40).
24. A servant's heart. "God, please help my childrendevelop servant's hearts, that they may serve wholeheartedly, as if they were serving the Lord, not men" (Eph. 6:7).
25. Hope. "May the God of hope grant that my childrenmay overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit: (r. 15:13).
26. Willingness and ability to work. "Teach my children, Lord to value work and to work at it with all their heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" (Col 3:23).
27. Passion for God. "Lord, please instill in my children a soul that "followeth hard after Thee' (Ps. 63:8, KJV), one that clings passionately to You.".
28. Self-discipine. "Father, I pray that my childen amy acquire a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair" (Prov. 1:3).
29. Prayerfulness. "Grant, Lord, that my children's lives may be marked by prayerfulness, that they may earn to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of pryaers and requests" (Eph. 6:18).
30. Gratitude. "Help my children to live lives that are alwyas overflowing with thankfulness and always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, int he name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Eph 5:20, Col 2:7).
31. A heart for missions. "Lord please help my children to develop a desire to see your glory declared among tha nations, your marvelous deed among all peoples" (Ps. 963:).
Praise God !, Blessings, Michelle
Grandmother's Flower Garden is my favoirite quilt pattern, it has special meaning to me because of the quilt my mother gave me that...
Finger Lakes weekend vacation this summer on Seneca Lake, one of the things I was lucky enough to stumble upon was a daylilly farm, that is...
Look at this , I'm loving these beautiful pillowcases with crocheted edged borders. Cassie from You go girl has made a magnificent tut...
Sunbonnet Sue... this is an all time favorite pattern. I have to admit, I did not personally piece/applique/or embroider stitch this quilt...
Pink Saturday -stop on over to Beverly our lovely hostess and check out all of the links. http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com// Work in Pr...
Please stop over to our hostess sweet Beverly and check out all the other linked blogs. http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ ...
Simple Shapes , Spectacular Quilts by Kaffe Fassett. I have this book Pre-cordered and I can't wait to get it, it looks amazing. ...
Yes, I have finished it! Started July 4th weekend and it was here and there, whenver I had some time. I used wool and an H hook size. N...
I purchased this top on e-bay, it's an antique quilt top with many vintage fabrics, feedsacks, etc. The name is Castle Wall block ...
Please stop over to Cielo's Tea Party, our lovely hostess. Thank you, this was so much fun! I brewed a lovely loose leaf tea from Teava...