Sunday, December 11, 2011

Praise God- What Child Is This?

From the Advent Book of Eastern Hills Wesleyan Church
What Child Is This?
"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones.  For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of My Father in heaven."  Matthew 18:10
In Matthew 18:10 we see that our heavenly Father has made special provisions for children by having "their angels in heaven always see..." His face in heaven.  My child, your child your neighbor's child has an angel that is in constant communication with God.  What an incredible thought!
Now, let us begin to make special provisions for our children and I'm not just tlaking about Christmas gifts.  It is not too late.  Let the Lord show you how to teach your child in a way that is meaningful to them.  Make it a purpose in your life.  If you don't have children, there are a bazzillion different ways you could impact a child in a real way.  This could be just to dutifully pray for one child every day.  We don't have to be "child oriented" to make a difference.
So during this time of focus on the infant Christ Child-Emmanuel-dedicate yourself to do for another child; whose angel sees the face of God.  May He bless you in your effort.
Prayer:  Dear Lord, I praise You because You are the Creator of life.  Thank You for the children You have placed in my life.  I ask that You teach me how to love them the way they need to be loved and cared for:  Please show me how to begin making a real difference in the lives of the children You put in my life.  In Jesus' name.  Amen

I am very excited to start praying,sending cards and small gifts to the two little girls I have just sponsored in November, in Equador, Sarah and Ruth.  They are so sweet.  I can't wait to tell them about "their angels in heaven always see the face of My Father in heaven".
Please consider sponsoring a child from Compassion International {icon on the right sidebar to click}, there are many countries to choose from, children of various ages and both boys and girls...what a difference you could make this Christmas for them and for You!   :)
Blessings to you, hugs Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts