Sunday, January 8, 2012

Praise God-Making Fougasse Bread

Linking up with Ann over at http://www.aholyexperience.com/ today, 1000 Gifts.


Breadmaking-this was my first attempt at making Fougasse, and it was very successful.  I can't believe how good this bread tasted, and how easy it was.  I did the par baking for some of the batch to freeze and even when I took them out of the freezer and finished the baking they were delicious.  I will definitely be making these again, they are such fun to shape.


I highly recommend Richard Bertinet's book "Dough-Simple Contemporary Bread". His book also includes a DVD and he has such great simple instructions with photos for step-by-step procedure. There are lots of recipes and variations, I've tried about three different breads so far. You will never want to buy that store bought bread again.





I'm even a butter person for bread and you don't even need to put any on this, that's how good it is.


1000 Gifts and counting-joy and contentment come from thanksgiving/gratitude.

oven for easy baking
availability of good grain flour
clean water
Dough book for instruction
homemade quilted potholders
sense of taste

"How many loaves do you have?"  Jesus asked...He took the seven loaves...gave thanks....and they were all satisfied.  Matthew 15: 34-38

Blessings, Michelle

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can't imagine a bread good enough to eat without butter, I'm always looking for something to put my butter on. Raised on a dairy farm.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts