Sunday, April 15, 2012

Antique Pinwheel Quilt

Vintage Pinwheel blocks from e-bay puchased several years ago, I finally got around to sewing them together.  I quilted traditional feathers and used a pretty kaffe fasset background floral print.  I just love these old prints, some of them are from feed sacks and the entire blocks were hand sewn together.  It was truly a time where people used scraps from whatever was on hand.  I just don't have time in m life right now to piece anything like this that would take somuch time, so I really appreciate the work some wonderful lady from the past did.







Some day I will take time to get bindings on all the quilts I finished, hopefully this winter.  Happy stitching, have a wonderful week.  Hugs, Michelle

2 comments:

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Beautiful! I love this quilt! I am a hand piecer and quilter and it does take so long but so worth the end results.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Oh I just love this quilt! It amazes me that people used to (and still do) all that hand-work!
I'm glad that the quilt, started by someone years ago, made it's way to you, to finish!
Erica :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts