Friday, February 25, 2011

Doll quilt-Art Quilt-Pink Saturday

Pink Saturday-stop on over to Beverly our lovely hostess and check out all of the links. http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

Weekly Challenge-visit someone you have not met yet.  This week I visited Anna from Frosted Petunias, you must stop over and see her, her art work is very creative and very pretty, her blog just makes you want to smile its so happy and colorful.  http://frostedpetunias.blogspot.com/2011/02/cirque-dans-le-nuage.html

 

Doll quilt/art quilt, have you ever had that wonderful feeling that something came out just how you intended it to from idea to the actual piece, I have to say for this little quilt that is what happened for me.  I had this beautiful piece of Kaffe Fassett fabric, the center piece with the vase of flowers, {love this group, came in several color ways} and I thought it reminded me of a painting, so I didn't want to cut it up, I thought I would just "frame it", so I found the sweet polka dot and the silhouette fabrics to coordinate and just added the borders.  I backed it with a solid pink kona and tried a panto quilt design I hadn't used yet and it quilted it with a light pink thread .  I had crocheted this border trim in cotton and was going to use on a pillow case, but I decided I'd try it on this and I really like it, even if I did have to fudge it to make it work. 





Have a great weekend, happy pink saturday.  Blessings, Michelle

14 comments:

Donnie said...

That came out really nice. I love where you can really see the stitching. Very pretty.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it's gorgeous! The colors and the quilting! :)

Char said...

I think you just created a piece of art. The fabric is gorgeous, the quilting is beautiful and the colors are perfect.
I also think the crochet work fits like a glove.
Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Regina said...

How pretty! I loving quilts.
Happy pink Saturday dear one.
have a wonderful weekend.
xo
Regina

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Very cute, Michelle! Thanks for stopping by and your prayers for my little granddaughter. Happy Pink Saturday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Such happy colors! TFS! :)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Michelle Sweetie...
Oh my gosh what a work of art. Michelle my dear you have done it yet again. Another beautiful piece. I just knew this was a pillow, and I find you have it laying there. It is so pretty.

I love the quilting design with the flowers that you chose for quilting your finished project.

Now I love the vase of flowers of course, and that beautiful polka dot trim is exquisite, but I think the contrasting border with the crochet edging is the icing on top. It is so pretty.

I am clapping for you sweet friend. Can you hear me? Please stand up and take a curtsy. Beautiful, beautiful piece.

A sunshine of happiness for sure. Thank you SO much for sharing with me this morning. Hope you have a wonderful weekend sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely. I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

Bunny said...

Wow what a fantastic job you did, Love the colours and the crochet trim is gorgeous. Great work.

Kim Brackett said...

That's so adorable with the crocheted edging. And the quilting motif is perfect.

Petunia said...

Hi Michelle! Oh this is so beautiful. I love everything from the fabric, to your quilting to the pretty edging. All your colors are gorgeous. Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me the chance to see your lovely work. And I'm honored to be featured on your PS post too. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend :)

Anna

Ann said...

I'm lovin this little work of art. The fabric is beautiful and the trim is so spectacular!!! Love it.
Ann

Casey said...

it's beautiful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts