Monday, August 15, 2011

Texture Tuesdays-Movie-"The Holiday"

http://www.kimklassencafe.com/thecafe
Stop over to Kim's to check out all the other links. 

This week's theme was is A MOVIE.. pick any movie, your favorite movie, the photo just has to go along with the the title or scene from the movie.

I picked the Movie "The Holiday" because it reminded me of my photo I wanted to use, of course I could have picked the movies Home Alone, but the photo really went straight the the other movie for me.  The movie had one location  featuring a cottage in England and hence my slection for today.

The Holiday - In London, Iris Simpkins writes a wedding column in a newspaper and nurtures an unrequited love for her colleague Jasper Bloom. Near Christmas, she is informed that Jasper is engaged to marry another colleague, and her life turns upside down. In Los Angeles, the movie-trailers maker Amanda Woods has just broken with her unfaithful boyfriend Ethan and wants to forget him. Through a house exchange website, Amanda impulsively swaps her mansion for Iris' cottage in Surrey for the holidays. While in Surrey, Amanda meets Iris' brother and book editor Graham and they fall in love with each other. Meanwhile, Iris meets her new next door neighbor, the ninety year old screenplay writer Arthur, who helps her retrieve her self-esteem, and the film composer Miles, with whom she falls in love with.







I photographed a friends gardens and she has the most adorable 1940's cottage style home. I applied a couple of textures and I'm very pleased with the result.  Blessings, Michelle

3 comments:

CATHY said...

I love this movie too! Nice interpretation - love the layers!

The Artful Diva said...

You're right, Michelle. Your choice of movie, photo and textures are perfect for this week's theme. Thanks for the trailer too!

Cedar said...

Lovely! That is a great movie and the little cottage works perfectly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts