Friday, June 8, 2012

Pink Peony Fluers

Linking up today with Pink Saturday http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog

Portraits of my beloved Peonies....
Yes, they smell heavenly, absolutelly incredible...each variety has it's own unique scent.

The peony can have a very short season of bloom time, especially if it gets real hot or rains.  I read up this on being able to keep them longer and am giving it a try this year.  If you cut the buds when they are in the "marshmellow" stage and wrap them in cellopane and put in the fridg {with no fruit} they say you keep them for up to three months, take them out and place in 8" of warm water they open right up...so I am going to try it once a month for three months, July, August and September and I'll report back!
If I had to choose to be one flower, this would be it, they can live up to 100 years old and are very easy care, barely any maintenance.
I'll let you in on a secret...I have a dream, I want to have a cut flower farm, I'm researching, planning and dreaming stage right now.
They can take about three years to get the plants established.
There are bloom times of early, mid and late to try to extend the bloom season.
They make a wonderful bouquet, and make a great addition to any arrangement.
There are herbaceous, Itoh and tree peony to choose from.  There's full double, bomb, semi-double, japanese and single types of peony blooms.
They are also very lovely just floating in a glass bowl with a section of leaf, very elegant.
Blessings, Michelle

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'll be watching for your report as I agree, they bloom for too short of a time. I have 30 bushes and would love to save some for later.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Michelle! Peonies are one of my favourite flowers. Yours are scrumptious and the colour is dreamy. I imagine the scent is too. Thanks for sharing your beauties and have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

LV said...

What lovely blooms. You are fortunate having such beauties. I have never had any of them.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

My PINK, have a nice weekend.

Lynn said...

Hello Michelle,
I am visiting from Pink Saturday, and I love the colors of your peonies! They are just gorgeous and your pictures are stunning. I also liked the He's My King video. I downloaded it from YouTube-one of my favorites! Blessings, Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts