Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pink Saturday-Crochet finishes

Pink Saturday-stop on over to Beverly our lovely hostess and check out all of the links. http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

Last week I visited Jillian:  http://bellarosaantiques.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-inspiration-vintage-dinnerware.html.  Stop over and visit her lovely blog and read her story, what beautiful photos she has of all her lovely treasure.  I loved her post last week on her vintage dishes, lovely.  This week's post has a great feature also, stop over.
This is a practice block I wanted to try out and then I just added a picot border, it was a fun quick block with the loopy {chanined} flower petals, I may consider it for a table runner coming up, for now just a decoration for my collections of practice blocks on my kitchen wall.

The "Granny Square", I hadn't made this since I was a teenager, so thought I'd try it again.  I made four for practice and instead of sewing this together with yarn and a yarn needle like I alway had, I tried my hand at a different technique for attaching, by crocheting them together, it gives it an added design element I think, not sure I totally like it, but it may have been my cotton stitches were a little too tight. 
Happy Pink Saturday, thank you for visiting, have a great weekend!  Hugs, Michelle

9 comments:

Regina said...

Wow such pretty crochets.
Happy Pink Saturday Michelle.
Enjoy your weekend.
<(' .' )>
Regina
xo

PaTcHwOrK jEnN said...

What a pretty granny squares. I have never made a granny square and would like to make some. Do you have a pattern you don't mind sharing?

Lynn said...

I think crochet is so pretty! I scrolled back through your older posts about it too, love the hot pads you made for Christmas:@)

Trisha said...

You are so talented! Learning to knit, crochet and quilt are all on my "Bucket List". Thanks for stopping by and Happy Pink Saturday!!

~Trisha

Lynn said...

I used to know how to crochet but was never adept at it like you. Your work is lovely. Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday.
~Lynn @ Cottage and Creek

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Michelle! I'm impressed you were just practicing... I would consider that a major feat if I had done it! LOL. Thank you so much for highlighting my blog in your post. Happy Pink Saturday!
Neat book.

Cindy said...

Those are just so pretty! Someday I hope to learn how to do this.
Cindy :)

Donnie said...

I just took a class on basic crocheting and I'm going to start with dish cloths. I really enjoyed looking at your granny squares. Very pretty.

Char said...

Your squares are lovely and the colors are beautiful. I used to crochet years ago, but for some reason stopped....Happy Pink Saturday, Char

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

That's My King

Popular Posts